TGIF!!! If it were any weekend in spring or summer we would be heading to Sonoma, our home away from home. Honestly, there were about three months where I was seriously considering moving to Sonoma when Lillian started Kindergarten because we love it so much there. But for both of our careers we will be staying in San Francisco for the foreseeable future.
With the colder weather and busy weekend plans we haven't been going to Sonoma as much as we would like to (we did do a quick girls weekend to Napa recently) so I thought to get my Sonoma fix I would share some of my favorite places on the Square.
Best Restaurants on Sonoma Square
- El Dorado Kitchen- Brunch at El Dorado Kitchen is out of this world! Picture here for proof! See my full post here.
- Swiss Hotel- Best raviolis ever! Burrata is good too. I suggest sitting outside on the back patio.
- Girl and the Fig- I was there for Lori's bachelorette in June and really need to go back!
Best Sonoma Restaurants
- Fremont Diner- The food is southern and so it's heavy but you HAVE to get the biscuits and a milkshake. You have to! I wish we went for brunch instead of linner. Best advice is to go on a weekday if you can.
- Cafe Citi- Simple, family favorite Italian dishes. Perfect places for a big bowl of pasta after an adventurous day of wine tasting.
- Water Tower Bar- This new addition to the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn appeared a few months ago and I can't wait to go back and try the food!
Next week I will be sharing the best wineries in Sonoma!