Happy February!! I hope everyone had a nice weekend! I am delighted to kick off February, my favorite month, but first I wanted to look back at my 2016 resolutions and see how I am doing one month in! I had an absolutely wonderful start to the year and January was a perfect month, aside from the cold Lillian and I have right now.
You can see my original post about my 2016 resolutions <here>. Here is an update on where I am:
- Carry my camera with me everywhere I go. Yes! I have been doing this and have captured some great shots! You can see more on Instagram.
- Take professional family photos. We did a mini-shoot and I can't wait to share the photos soon!
- Clean out the car more often. Yes! I am so happy to say that our car has been much cleaner. I got a carwash at Touchless on Divisadero (everyone who lives in SF and has a car knows about this spot) and have been keeping the car clean.
- Travel more. We are really excited about an upcoming family trip.
- Write more. Yes, I have been doing this but not as much as I want to. Still need to work on this one.
- Get back to the gym! I went twice last week and felt great! With Lillian in daycare I am figuring out my schedule and trying to get a more structured workout and work schedule in place.
- Learn more about finance. Still could learn more.
- Check Mint daily. I did this for the first two weeks and now I need to get back to checking it every day.
- Invest in the basics. I actually haven't bought anything or gone shopping recently. I picked up a red turtleneck from J.Crew on major sale but with our recent sun have not had a chance to wear it.
- Be open to new details. Could be better about this one.
- Stop listening to the Justin Bieber album. Can't stop, won't stop.
- Make soup. I had actually forgotten about this one so I am really glad I wrote it down!
- Play more board games. I had forgotten about this one, too. Maybe we'll have a game night soon.
- Create a photobook. YES!! I finally created one for Lillian and I cannot wait to share it.
- Be more disciplined. I have definitely practiced more discipline these last few weeks and I have enjoyed being more efficient with time and not scrambling for deadlines!
- Wear more color. Yes, but I pretty much match the weather. If it is raining I am wearing all black and trying to stay dry. If there is some sun I throw on some color.
- Grow Perfect 10 SF and Look at Our City. I have been focusing more on Curran Creative and my clients' needs so I have put Look at Our City on hold but will continue to blog at Perfect 10 SF!
How are your resolutions going?